View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 11:08 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 481

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
What if the company supports organizations you support, but most of the employees that make a living in the factory don't? I'm not convinced the stance is validated other than providing yourself with a feeling of utility.

My companies executives have views that directly align with mine, but the other 90% of the company doesn't. It's very difficult to quantify the impact because every dollar you spend will support those that probably despise your existence in one way or another.

I gladly support companies for their stance on issues that I feel strongly about, but won't boycott someone if they make a superior product and have excellent customer service just because. Maybe their factory workers are all staunch gun rights activist and outdoorsmen - now you put them out of a job because their execs gave the equivalent of pennies to a humane society?

Too many variables and indirect impacts that are unseen until you peel the layers back.
Well, therein lies the problem. If a company is publicly supporting an anti hunting advocacy group and their pro hunting employees are ok with it, that's fine.. but I'm not feeding their pockets. I understand what you're saying but if I disagree with the companies stance on the surface enough to pass on their product I'm not interested in finding out what their shop workers think. Besides, lacrosse boots last longer.. [emoji4]