View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 04:23 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
First off, knowing you are a scientist, I am amazed you would suggest citing Wikipedia in even a semi-scientific study.

Second, I don't believe it makes a difference in what we, as scientists, have to say, when it is obvious that the public thinks that they know what is best based on a fish population. Very few people here, in my opinion, based on what I have read, understand that that lake is far more than fish. That the marsh is far more than fish. Just because a Marsh is green does not mean it is healthy. I could explain all of this for the thousandth time on this board, and it would make no difference, because minds are made up. The weirs are bad. There is no changing that mindset when it is solely based on fish.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2

Hey Smalls it sounds to me like you are saying that this is a hopeless endeavor, and that people who fish the lake just don't care. Well just wanted to give you a quick thank you for attempting to do the right thing and inform people that the marsh is far more than fish. I hope and trust we can continue to rely on folks like yourself doing the right things for the greater good of the whole marsh ecosystem.

I'm no scientist, (but i did stay at a holiday inn a few days ago) and i can say for certainty that any plan will always have those who will disagree with it. It's certainly understandable as well, No one wants their "sacred cows" to be the one's going to slaughter.

Keep up the good work!

Last edited by AceArcher; 08-20-2013 at 04:45 PM.