View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 06:17 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,609

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty f View Post
HOT DAMN!!

Picked up the Bass Pro Shops Johnny Morris Signature Series Bass Caster Reel, and Bass Pro Shops Johnny Morris CarbonLite Casting Rods
ended up just a little over 300$

Went with the Bass Pro because it came with a year no questions asked warranty. I have never used a bait cast, only tried my hand at it with a buddies once and it was a mess. I didn't want to get something cheap and ruin my experience or jade me so I got something nice, and the one year no questions asked warranty sold me. Ill give this set up a season to try to get the hang of it, if not, Ill take it back and go back to my spin cast, as per the recommendation of the bass pro personnel.

Set it up with 40lb braided. Not that I need that heavy duty, but was told on the bait cast that much smaller and you run the chance of the line being pulled through the line coiled up on the drum. wasn't any more in cost so I went with 40.

Now if anyone out there has any tips please feel free to chime in! thanks

I know what Im doing this weekend!!
Start filling the spool with mono then tie a uni knot to the braid and finish spooling.

Hold your pole at a 45 degree angle with your bait hanging down. Start out with something that weighs 1/4 oz. Set your brakes so that when you pressthe thumb button, the bait slowly falls.

Right before the bait hits the ground, press your thumb on the spool to stop the spool from spinning.