View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 11:13 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

If you are going to use PVC to make a frame........I strongly suggest using 3/4" size pipe at least for the supports legs. Using 1/2" schedule 40 [white] is just too light weight. Maybe the schedule 80 [thicker pipe] in the gray color.....a 1/2" diameter might be ok. You might be able to buy 3/4" white cheeper than 1/2" gray. Don't glue all the fitting together.....unless you have some place to store the frames during the off season.

I also suggest you plan on 3 supports on each side.

To keep your boat more versital.....so you can hunt and fish without doing a lot of work to remove your "Blind".....you might consider making a PVC pipe frame that you can just set into your boat. Maybe for your 14' boat....make two seperated frames, about 5' or 6' long and 3' wide and what ever height you decide it needs to be. If you plan on extending the boat blind up near the front....these legs would be shorter to sit up on the front deck. These would be easy to put in the boat to go hunting and to take out when not needed. To "attach" the frame to the boat...use bungie cords. You could hook one end to a boat rib and then after stretching the bungie, make a mark on the PVC pipe where you could drill a small hole to attach the cord hook to the pipe.

Then attach the blind material [maybe with some velcro] to the pipe frame and let it hang over the side of your boat. Along the bottom of the blind materal attach a pole [cane pole ??] to weight it down some and to give you something so you can roll up the material for storage or when traveling in the boat.

Are you planning to cover some or most of the top to better hide from the ducks? If so, you could just attach a pole to both ends and "drape" the blind materal over the frame. This would be quick and easy to set up.

Hope I wrote this so you understand......If not, I would be glad to talk with you to better explain.

Last edited by Gerald; 06-08-2009 at 11:37 PM.