View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 08:33 AM
Flounder

Cash: 613

Well...I think there's enough agreement that we need to know the biomass of speckled trout and the SPR indicator (although may not be the best statistic) for Big Lake. And I know that some of you are divided on supporting CCA and CCA's STAR.
And...I understand your opinions - and I pleasantly disagree.
There can be no doubt, that CCA is heavily funded and is the most popular of all coastal conservation groups.
As anglers, we're a house divided on some issues, but we can work harder to encourage CCA to assist us in first getting indicators on speckled trout populations in Calcasieu Lake. Once we have the data to see exactly where we are with regard to that, then data needs to be gathered to look at possible solutions to improving that population. Right now, LDWF hasn't released SPR and/or biomass indicators since 2011 due to litigation with BP. Therefore, I will say the following:

In my six decades on this Earth, I have had differences with God, my wife, my children, my parents, my Church, my government, my friends, and many of my politicians. I did not let those deter me from joining them and resolving problems together. I hope to see my friends at the LC CCA banquet Thursday night who have shared their expertise and time to enjoy and share fishing experiences that have given me great joy and excitement at this stage in my life. My sincere thanks to all of you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cca lc.jpg (78.0 KB, 139 views)