View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 09:34 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 832

Loved reading these again...country girl of 71 here. A few of my memories: making bows and arrows out of switch cane, tire swings, stealing plums off my neighbors tree, making clubhouses in the woods out of whatever you could find, BB guns and shooting every bird, realizing you stepped in the sticker patch in bare feet, staying outside until mom rang the iron bell, catching minnows and crawfish in the ditch, riding bikes in the dirt, never ever rolling your eyes at the parents, planting gardens which needed picking and weeding, shucking corn and snapping beans, selling raffle tickets for school next to the store to strangers all alone, push mowing the grass, playing tackle football and baseball with no helmets with the boys, mom and dad having loaded pistols hanging on each bedpost, slip n slides out of plastic and dish soap, spending hours raking leaves in a huge pile just to jump in them, Banty roosters are mean, electric fences hurt, daddy's belt hurt worse, a homemade cake and tub of cheap of ice cream made the best birthdays ......I could go on forever. What a great time to live!