View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 04:19 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil bubba View Post
So all these people on caney lake and saline and toledo bend and countless others actually have corp permits to have brush piles or is it only a salt water thing ? I could be wrong but I think he meant the fish might know bamboo isn't suppose to be around there .
You can't be serious? You think he meant the fish? People sink buckets of concrete with rubber hose sticking out of them as structure, and fish hang around them.

As for the permits, yes, even on freshwater that isn't legal without a permit. Why would someone have to have a permit to build a bulkhead for a camp or drive pilings, but could just create a brushpile?

Now, there may be some specifics on size that it might be under and not require a permit, but placing a brushpile would be considered the same as dumping spoil dirt (filling) in that water body. Dredge and fill activities require permits.

All that being said, if you aren't going to look into the legality and still choose to create a brushpile, I wouldn't be seen doing it by any sort of regulator or law enforcement.

National Marine Fisheries, ironically enough, can be a real stickler for that stuff. Personally, hey, whatever floats your boat. All I'm saying is, don't get caught in the act.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk