Thread: Deer Season
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 12:56 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,245

I hunt just north of Joyce la. We had a good season. Did not see as many deer this year but killed more good bucks than usual. Also had some weird things happen with the deer this year. Weekend before thanksgiving I was sitting in the stand and has a doe walk out and was about to shoot her and heard some noise to my left and there stood a good 8 point 20 yards away. Managed to get the gun out of the window and hit the box blind twice and he never moved. Dropped him in his where he stood with the 7mm. After I shot him I look out the other window and the doe was still under the feeder and I could not help myself shout her at 100 yards. Could not believe she was still there after I shot the other deer.
The Tuesday after thanksgiving my wife also had something weird happen. She had a 120lb doe walk out 40 yards form her shot her and dropped her in her tracks. She was all excited and talking to me on the phone when a wide six point walks out she hung up and a few seconds later I hear the gun shot. Well the six point walked out smelled the doe, nudged her like in the hind like he wanted her to get up. Then he walked around the front of her and kicked her. That is when my wife pulled the trigger. I have never seen a deer do that to a dead deer.