Thread: Tee Butte
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2016, 09:44 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962

Spoke to a friend who works at Tiger Shoals.. Waters choc. milk all the way to the south end of TS..

ON the other hand.. We went in search of the extinct Red Snapper out of Rollover Sat. Morning on the Triton.. Winds was rippin out of the NE. Water was really nice about at the 3 mile mark.. It was really rough in the morning but slicked off around 1 pm.. We had to hit 3 platforms but got our limit of snaps... Current was rippin with the FULL MOON. So Snaps were NOT there where I left them 2 weeks ago.. Largest was about 14#.. The rest were 7-8#, but the Triton only burned 14 gals. That's with the motor running all day *** the current and waves made it hard to set up on the fish...I think fish were holding close to bottom but really all in the Platform. I'd mark some fish then we would drop down, catch fish... Cleaned snaps and they were FULL of crabs the size of a Qtr. I mean FULL. Could not buy a snap on dead or cut bait... All snaps were caught on live mullet. Water temp is rising a little .. 72.5 to 75 deg. Can wait until it gets to 80 so I can put my new JBL speargun to work.. It's going to be fun killin them big snaps in 42' of water.