View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 08:27 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,864

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsm9437 View Post
It all depends on how comfortable you want to be.
Trips can range from 10k(private land guided monster elk) to 1k(public land camping in a tent roughing it). I'm looking too do it in the 2-3k. Basically roughing it in a tent, public land, etc....however I realize I am making a big investment on the trip, and if I can increase my odds greatly of bagging an elk I would entertain spending more money to do so. It's that whole cost to benefit ratio....looking into drop camps(seems like a great idea to me), the camp would cost you 1500. That would include them bringing you out and the tent lodging out there. Other costs would be tag 400-700, but could be more depending on what animals you'll be hunting. Game processing and meat handling, food, travel, equipment. You can get to 3k QUICK.
I was mainly referring to drop camp. Seems like a better way to go since I am definitely a rookie at this. I'd like to make this trip Fall 2016. My wife is in graduate school so my hunting and fishing has been very limited but once she gets out, Katy bar the door!

Perhaps a few on here would like to et this together?