View Single Post
Old 10-29-2015, 11:28 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,086

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunt Drag View Post
Look how late the season used to open, November 23rd. That's our problem, I've been saying it, the ducks don't get here til February.
I agree with you and it should still apply today IMO Arkansas is pretty point on with there migration dates... Louisiana not so much by a long shot! I have lived and hunted duck/geese for years in Arkansas ...but never agreed with Louisiana on there research on the their hunting dates .... it just doesn't make logical sense to me. Im not knocking DU or Delta but they conserve all the land they want but if your in a war zone on a public establishment, which will probably always be now. Duck leases keep skyrocketing ,and no more public hunting land is being attained. Supposedly there are more ducks now than there has ever been, but hunting is also as worse as its ever been. Im all for conservation but I/we can hardly hunt because a lease is above my/our means and lots of others also. Public land is a joke everywhere ,and I know because I have hunted Arkansas to Louisiana Im not here to ***** just stating facts of a working man... also Im no G&F Expert! and support DU AND DELTA note... im all for conservation of natural habitat for the animals but altering natural habitat and breeding im not