Thread: Browning rifles
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 10:53 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,477

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF_T_Warren View Post
I dont think you understand my post. first off I am saying to go with remington all the way, they are tried and true and great guns.
second, I think you are confused with the term keyholing. A bullet obviously should fly straight and stay in a spiral motion keeping it on target and flying correctly. Keyholing is when a bullet gets all wobbly in flight and when it hits the target, instead of punching right through it and leaving a perfect circle, it hits the target sideways and leaves the target with a "keyhole" shaped hole instead of the perfect circle. keyholing is a bad thing. basically with a gun that is doing that, itd never be accurate as a longer distance gun because the bullet isn't flying straight or consistent.
Keyholing may not be noticeable at 100yds but out past that you may start noticing it. And when someone had this problem browning basically told them Oh well, we will only guarantee it to 100 yards. Which is JUNK and I'd never buy one on that principle anyway. Not to mention look at what your military and law enforcements shoot. If they aren't shooting custom made guns, most are shooting Rem700 or at least guns with the rem700 action.
You tell me if you were a gun manufactor that you would warranty your gun that was keyholing at over 100 yards, BS! What kind of ammo is this guy using, reloads, reloads that are loaded to hot, factory? Whats the wind conditions while he's shooting? Is he shooting till barrel gets so hot you can't touch it? Who knows, alot goes into this. Some guns like "certain" ammo, certain brands, certain bullets & certain weights, I have Remingtons, Brownings, Winchesters, TC's, Rugers & they all like something different. I pretty much hunt with one standared bullet, Core Lokt, But that's hunting, If i'm punching dimes at 300 a core lokt aint gonna cut it out of 90% of my guns. Some people think that if they buy a $50 box of shell they're gun should shoot dot's at 300 yards, aint gonna happen! I can't blame a manufactor one bit, who knows what this yahoo is shooting. I got BAR's that will hang with some of the finest bolt actions made "if" I shoot the bullet it likes.