View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 01:09 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,074

Checked out the Outlaw 22' Mod Tunnel. If you never heard of it, you are not alone. They make one a month and the only place that sells them is Bernie's in Victoria TX. There's not a whole lot of info on them on the internet but a friend of mine who's opinion I trust told me about them and said its the most innovative hull he has seen on a bay boat. I went by the place to take a look at one and the guy who designed the boat was there. He and his son talked to me for an hour and a half. Described everything on the boat and the reason it was there. They have been in production 2007 and not one dissatisfied costumer. It is a little shorter than I would like but can live with it if the boat can preform as advertised. Dennis Stumfoll, the designer, said he will put this boat against any 24' bay boat on the market when it comes the dryness of the ride. I asked him if it was possible to test drive the boat, he said "how bout I just take you fishing next time your off". I have been dealing with a lot of boat salesmen as of late, and this guy was the complete opposite of most of them. No BS, he was more concerned with his boat having a proper owner than than anything. I have to say I was impressed. Here are the specs and some pics I took.

Length: 21'7"
Beam: 8' 6"
Weight: 1690 lbs
Comes with a 225 SHO Max
41 gal fuel tank.

http://www.desperadoboats.com/22_desperadoboats.htm
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3416.jpg (84.5 KB, 180 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3422.jpg (63.2 KB, 180 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3418.jpg (60.3 KB, 181 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3421.jpg (51.9 KB, 181 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3420.jpg (65.8 KB, 181 views)

Last edited by Marque; 08-01-2014 at 01:34 AM.