View Single Post
Old 09-29-2015, 08:17 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,043

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
Saw some 1 liter parade pineapple pops on sale 10 for a buck. I'ma holla
Cop dat.. My pops has had a big water marsh blind for the past 8 seasons or so, and we have the best success on the entire property aside from a few pot holes on the far edge of the lease. There are about 6 blinds that basically all shoot the same birds, as in, they generally stay in the same flyway and break off that to check stuff out. No one is really directly in the flyway so I've always felt that everyone as far as blind locations go, have the same opportunities to kill these birds as we do. We share a huge body of water with 1 other blind. This blind gets dropped every year, and a new group gets on it. Sometimes they'll put out 2 dozen, but occasionally they'll have a group put out a mondo spread. Our only goal is to have at least three times as many dekes than they do. So we've been going the coke bottle route for a while now, and it works. Usually about a 20/80 bottle/decoy ratio. All we do is paint them like a scaup and throw actual nice scaup dekes around the edges of them to kind of hide them. The only downfall is when the waves get bad they flip all kinds of stupid ways, although this might actually help us out with the motion, but it looks awful. Also, if there's any paint chipping and the plastic is showing, it shines like a diamond. I've heard of people coating them with tar, and I'm sure that works better than the paint, but have never tried it. Just don't expect to finish birds in your dekes. Better stone em first pass. Besides the scaup.. they f'n LOVE it lol. On another note I just purchased all the stuff to flock decoys instead of just touch up paint.