Thread: Weirs........
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 12:11 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 680

The thread does make for good discussion. I think the weirs are good as it is. Some of you have been around long enough to remember what it was like before the Blackened Red Fish Craze. You could catch Red fish with a bent perch hook and a can top. Yea they use to come off for you younger guys. Then the craze hit, and purse seiners came out from every country and caught everything the Gulf and oceans would give em. It didn't take but a couple of years for the fisheries to realize that the Red fish along with others were getting fewer and fewer. They band the seiners, put restrictions and now look, the population is growing by leaps and bounds. The conservation of red fish is and has proven itself where the laws are right now. The weirs in the whole scheme of things is nothing to the well being of the red fish population. Fool is right, which the more I read of his post I find he usually knows what he is talking about, you can put so many rules on things that after awhile it's just not enjoyable any longer and does not make sense. There's a lot of water in Big Lake and a whole lot more out in the Gulf. If you guy's think the wiers are putting a population hurt on the Red Fish.... U R WRONG! You also have the choice to NOT Fish there. That way you are not clogging the area when I pull up there my 2 times a year and want to catch a few RED'S.

Last edited by QUACKHEAD; 02-24-2010 at 12:22 AM.