View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 02:04 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,837

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Who?s water are they using to fill up there canal ?
States water
They sure the hell ain?t bringing water hose and 5gall buckets to fill it up
Again had zero to do with land
It?s tidal water only ..

49 other states have zero issues but La seems to have it ..
It?s simple
If Gulf of Mexico waters move it we should be able to fish it
State owns all tidal water

If I?m sitting at Jetties and that same water 5 hours later goes in a marsh it don?t become private.. it?s still tidal waters owned by the state

If land owners don?t want people fishing in marsh
Levee it off and have zero tidal state waters on it
It?s our fish shrimp oysters and crabs not the land owners !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No one owns the air or ducks or geese either. Does that mean I can go hunt wherever I want too? Same principle.

I understand that no one owns water, and broken up coastal marsh is one thing. But, there are lots of marshes with only one or two ways in and out, and often times these ways are only there because the landowner dug a canal or trail on their LAND. That should not entitle everyone on earth to go into these marshes and do as they please. Hell, lots of these marshes are dead ends, which makes it tidal but not navigable.

50/50 on it passing, and if it does, I'd be willing to bet there will still be ways to keep people out. I'm not a landowner, and you know I mostly redfish, but I can't sit here and think that because I can get to someones land via way that they created, that I should just be able to go fish it. It's not a natural waterway at that point.