View Single Post
Old 10-01-2017, 05:50 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
Opening weekend of squirrel season is probably my favorite weekend of the year. I was brought up squirrel hunting and like state before my dad would take me just down the road from the house and park on the side of the road and wed go hunting. Those spots are now subdivisions. But I still go every year to a WMA and unt. Always camp, its a pretty big tradition to me. Its like a "start all" to hunting season. Great for kids and family to just get out and enjoys the woods. Not to mention they are delicious. I hate that it opened late this year. I'm leaving next Saturday for Canada but I will make a quick hunt before I have to catch my flight. Some of my fondest memories have been in the river bottoms with a vest loaded wit sweet smelling fuzzy tails.
No doubt that they have a unique sweet smell. That first one to hit the ground on opening morning has to be smelled before it is put in the sack. The smell of that first shotgun hull and that first squirrel of the season is like smelling the trinity when it hits the roux(you're gonna cook the squirrels in) you just have to take a moment to enjoy it and realize that life is good.