View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 02:17 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feesherman View Post
I think, with very little effort, that can be argued. I don't feel like making very little effort though.
I could see from a moral/philosophical standpoint, or from a fair chase standpoint making an argument, but at the bare bones of it, I would agree with him. At the end of the day, you're killing an animal. The difficulty and morality of it can be argued, but the reality is the same.

However, I would make those very arguments myself. I personally don't believe in baiting, or even food plots as we know them commercially. I feel from the fair chase standpoint, hunting over native food sources is more challenging and "fair" to the wildlife, fair being a largely subjective modifier.

I won't fault a guy for using bait or food plots, though, simply because the argument could be made that hunting a hot oak flat or honey locust trees is no different. There is likely a higher degree of difficulty, because food sources can change quickly, but the premise is the same. You are targetting a preferred food source, and in some years, the deer may choose that oak tree over the corn feeder.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk