View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 08:42 AM
Flounder

Cash: 688
Default Everybody has a wish list?

Duck hunting is Louisiana will never return to its quality of the past. Ill call it "short stopping". Everybody knows the northerner's are getting in on the hunting. I think you should only be able to use normal agriculture practices when applied to hunting. Thats what federal law states in the rules. So that would mean you cant do things above "normal practice to lure game to your property. Flooding corn, milo or anthing else besides rice is not normal agriculture practices. Its baiting plain and simple. This is not a cure all for us in the Gulf region but at least it puts us on a level field. You guys thinking that 30 day season will lower the price of leases, well all I think it will do is allow for more corporate huning buying up all the leases for cheap and creating safe zones that they can move into when the birds group on the leases. We cant wait on weather to bring ducks down any longer, late season hunting aint working no more. I like the 3 zones simply for if they ever give us 30 days you will be able to move around, hunt different places and still get more the 30 days of hunting opportunties. No more private owned blinds on public places, no decoys left over nite on public places, more public access on the WMA and refuges. Ducks dont need to rest,they are for killin remember?