View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 08:48 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post
I want to be clear......I know we are blessed here.
I have traveled a little in my day and have hunted from Canada to Louisiana and much in between. Our "bad" days are days that many would consider a season.

I appreciate the new guys getting into our sport.
What I get bothered over are those that got in because we "had longer days and more liberal bag limits".

Hell, I will push pole an hour to find a hole that I can call and decoy birds to.
Don't need to kill a bird. I am proud of what we are teaching our small group of young men to appreciate and understand.

I want the thinning of the days to thin the dazed.

Tired of being told how dumb I am for appreciating the little water and slow boats.
I wished all birds had to be plucked and taken in whole and not breasted.
I wished all mud motors were just to get the little boats past the big water
I wished spinners were for the youth hunt only
I wished 2 3/4 was all you were allowed unless hunting geese
I wished a Haydel's DR 85 was all you were allowed to have on ducks and Chien Gaille was all you needed for specks.
I wished a dozen decoys was all you could use for the day

I wish, I wish, I wish........

AND I wished all young hunters had to spend three seasons in the blind without a gun to get a permit to have one.

We have lost the artistic side of our hunting traditions. In not just duck but in many game species.

Numbers of birds have nothing to do with how I feel.

There is romantic side of hunting that we are confused about these days.
It's not the numbers, or the guns, or the boats, or the decoys, or the lease, or the calls......it's about the gentlemanship of sharing a blind together.

Period
end of story
I wish too, excellent point especially the one I highlighted. Our 'bad' seasons would be banner seasons for many people up the flyway