View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 08:05 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,840

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosska View Post
I guess my thoughts are that just because there are more less skilled anglers that choose to use live bait I do not want to throw something I have worked to learn and become aside to down grade and join the majority of less skilled. I understand that live bait will probably never be banned due to the fact that the entries will drop dramatically and the cash flow will suffer. My suggestion would be to have two different divisions in the tournament, Lures & Bait. Split the prizes down the middle and post the results separate. I think this may encourage some average fisherman to become better and strive to setup to the big league. They will be able to choose fishing against the majority and have the same chance or setup to test their skills and against fewer people. This way everyone is happy and the tournament is still profitable. I also agree with the weight penalty rather than the bonus. I think people will strive to keep a big trout alive knowing their 5lb trout will be posted as a 4.5lb versus the opportunity to get a bonus if the trout happens to stay alive.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
I'm not against live bait. I think to each his own but I really like your idea. Good post...