Thread: Catfish Bait?
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 09:22 AM
Redfish

Cash: 773

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
Fellas, I need a little advice here. I just started trying to run jug lines and trotlines on some of the bayous around here. Today was only the second time I've ever put out jugs. I baited them with chicken livers, but didn't catch anything. I don't think it was so much the type of bait, but the bait falling off the hook.

Any advice on how to keep it on, and what other kind of baits have y'all used to catch cats? I've always heard chicken liver was good, but ive heard it doesn't work as well for catching flatheads.
For jugfishing we used to use sliced beef hearts that you could get fresh at WalMart. They quit selling them so went to chicken hearts. Been three times this year so far and caught 3 fish total in our same spots we have been fishing for over a decade. Can't understand what happened to the catfish, they should be THICK this time of year. Sucks too because I'm out of catfish in the freezer which usually never happens. We launch at the Gibbstown bridge and fish the cuts. Guess we will have to look for new places to go.