View Single Post
Old 02-18-2016, 10:09 PM
Redfish

Cash: 365

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinpox View Post
I agree I'm super pleased with the work

I've had a few guys do my taxidermy work two inside the US and one outside the US

By far the best work I've seen in the US is Woodburys Taxidermy in Texas . They take FOREVER to get stuff back and are pretty pricey but they are always perfect and they deliver my stuff to my front door .

My Taxidermist in Africa has worked at Woodburys years ago . Dougs work is absolutely the best I've ever seen , his studio is amazing . He also just opened a studio in Nevada ( since it's such a pain and so expensive to export mounted trophies from Africa now , it's easier to send the horns and capes / do em stateside) and has plans to open another studio in Texas . I had the pleasure last year of taking my Taxidermist from Africa hunting in west Texas
to shoot his first animal in the United States , it was very cool .

The skull mount on the floor is a freaky mangled similar horned oryx , normally the horns go straight up and slightly back . This one wraps almost forward . I like weird non typical stuff like that because they are so unique . I need to mount this one up high or out of the way because the horns come so far forward it can poke someone's eye out lol .

Now that I have them hanging I can really see how I want to mount future trophies and even be more selective when hunting if a certain animal has a better side and I need a "left turn " or "right turn"
Seems like the better option is to bring the horns & capes stateside to mount rather than import an entire mount. Thanks for the info.