View Single Post
Old 02-05-2016, 07:55 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Crappy..... I enjoyed your videos.

As you know, I do [or did] a similar process.... until my lemon tree froze 2 years ago. I was too sick that winter to get out and protect my tree when it got down in the low 20's. My 5 other type fruit trees all survived with very little damage. I have a new Myers lemon planted but don't expect it to produce much for a few years. I am getting low on my frozen bottles of lemon juice. I have not bought lemons in 15 years.

Tip for anyone that wants to juice there fruit..... don't wait too long to pick and juice the fruit. I find that by mid January the lemons start to "dry" up and not have nearly as much juice. Other fruits seam to hold there juice much longer.

I wish I had help when I go through the same process. But one big difference is I use an electric juicer which speed up the process. The juicer comes with 2 different "cone" sizes.... but the manufactures must have never used their juicer on a Myers lemon or grapefruits. The cone they make would work better if it were bigger.

Using the juicer does not require the lemons to be pealed. When finished, I have a bucket or 2 filled with the lemon rinds. I use to just throw them out [compost] but a few years ago, I started grinding them up in a food processor and freezing them. I use the ground lemons when boiling seafood / crawfish.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0004.jpg (86.1 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg Lemons.jpg (47.5 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg Grinding lemon rindes...jpg (192.7 KB, 117 views)