View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 07:52 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 959

Hey guys, I guess I'll be the first to post about it, because I'm sure when Marlin magazine comes out everybody on here will see it anyways. I just had my 5th kid, a baby girl, and the charter business down here has gotten super busy (1515 trips in 2018 on 6 boats). And so it looks like I'm going to have to pick between running a charter business in paradise, which I love doing, or building stuff here in paradise, which I love doing too. The wife is worried with the 5 kids that if something happens to me she won't be able to take care of 5 kids and one of the busiest charter fleets down here. So I got an ad for Marlin magazine that will be hitting shelves July 23rd:

Wife wants me to get a vacation rental home, which will probably make less than half what I make now, but it's something she says she can handle if I kill myself seeing how fast my old chevy can make it around corners here in the mountains.

It took a lot of work to find the crews that I have and rebuild all the boats, I'm definetly not going to be broken up if it doesn't sell. My hope is that whoever buys it wants to add a boat to their fleet, and me and Harold and hopefully the new owner can put the 31 Bertram mold to use. I'd love to stay on, like indefinitely , to help out. I just got my Costa Rican Citizenship (I was a permenant resident before) so I refuse to leave. But I promised her I'd list it. If you any of you reading this want to move to Costa Rica and have somebody that's been here 11 years watching over you, this is your shot. I'll contractually stay on for a year, but in reality am never moving away and my heart is in the boating business here.

Anyways, check out the website we made, and if you know anybody wanting to retire in Costa Rica making an easy 6 figure income, send them the link:

www.LiveYourCRDream.com

Anybody that is booked with me don't worry, I will make sure the owner keeps me on for at least a year (if it even sells). And I really expect that none of the crew will change out, John W included. Hopefully this will just get me more time in the boat yard.