View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 01:10 PM
Flounder

Cash: 320

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEM1971 View Post
Went to catch mullet in cut north of tunrers and high tide with fresh water had none to be found. Just as I pulled up trolling motor saw a silver flash so thru net and caught 5-6 dozen pogies. I started idling out trying to decide where to go, south channel, black lake, rocks by joes cove etc. I noticed water was clear so I put trolling motor back down and headed for bank where I caught reds before. Actually trout and reds but I knew slim chance for trout but reds could be there since they like fresh water too. Very first cast was 24" red so put power pole down and boated 35-40 reds! As soon as it hit water. The pogies the fish shook off the hook I boated would float towards the grass bank and they were nailing them too. Feeding Frenzy for some reason. I kept the ones that were as close to 16" except that first one cause didn't know how thick they were yet. 10 under 16" and 10 or so over 20". After having all that fun didn't realize it was already 10. Had limit by 8. Anyway storms were still all over south so came in early since less chance rain tomorrow gonna go try find trout. Only burnt a couple gallons of gas this am. Launch at cal point and caught the reds on far north bank in turners. Here is my five I boxed and pic of one of 30 or so more I released.
ty
Thanks for the report. More important though, why socks with crocs!