View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 12:18 AM
Flounder

Cash: -91
Smokin

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas jefferson View Post
i know a lot about the development of this plan. if you have any detailed questions email the address at cpra's website. emails are received and answered daily. the people who wrote the thing actually read and respond.....
I can see some of the smaller projects making it, but putting locks at Calcasieu, Sabine, Mermentau will be hard to do. If you look at the breakwater rocks at Holly Beach thru Johnston Bayou they do work. I think larger break water structures along the coast might help with storm damages. As far as salt water intrusion, that's a hard one. The master plan is very ambitous, where are the funds coming from? It's sad what has happen to alot of the coast from past oil and other commerce. The eastern side of the state needs more help and they need it now. Hopefully they will get the help they need. Hey did the master planners see how much land was built with the last Mississippi flood. Maybe you can start there and figure on letting the rivers work like they did in building land. Anyway good luck with it.