View Single Post
Old 10-28-2015, 09:31 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetfeathers00 View Post
MY OH MY, I GUESS THIS IS TOP SECRET INFORMATION. Look at the Coinciding map info.

One is DU projects the other is Flyway changes. Notice the large vacant spaces missing red dots in south Louisiana.
What am I looking at here? A bunch of DU projects?

Ok. Have I argued they aren't putting in projects? No. Quite the contrary.

"One is flyway changes"

What?!?! What are you talking about one is "flyway changes"? Both of those clearly show the same thing! I see quite a lot of red dots in Louisiana, by the way.

But I guess since the large one doesn't include a legend, you can claim it shows what ever you want. Clever old boy, clever.

And a lot of Vacant space in Missouri, which you earlier claimed was one place DU was spending lots of OUR money.

Looks like most of the money is focused along the Mississippi River, with a very large amount in both Arkansas and Louisiana.

Would it make a difference to you if I pointed out that Arkansas kicks our *** in rice production every year? And that many claim the reason for the decreased duck numbers in SWLA is the lack of rice production? I've heard that argument made many times. Does it make a difference that Arkansas had nearly 3.5 times the rice acreage that Louisiana did in 2014?

It seems to me that people want to blame DU when landscape changes far from DU's control are more likely the cause of "decreased" duck numbers in Louisiana. Are our wetland conditions not worse today than they were 20 years ago? Are our crop productions not worse today than they were 20 years ago? Are our hunter numbers not higher today than they were 20 years ago?

More pressure, less habitat in the south; More habitat in the north. And people wonder why there aren't as many ducks down here.

Last edited by Smalls; 10-28-2015 at 10:23 AM.