View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 08:34 AM
Redfish

Cash: 861

Get past the first 2-3 weeks and it gets easier. I made a change the last week of June and I was at my all time record of 260. Last week I hit 220 for the 1st time in 8-10 years. More importantly IMO, I have lost 5 belt loops. I am with Gooh and his math. Plenty of calculators on the net that considers age, height, weight, etc to figure out a game plan. I down loaded an app called MyFitnessPal and I keep track of EVERYTHING I eat and drink and bought a cheap food scale so I could see what my meat weighed before cooking. I am trying to keep it all fresh. Fruit, Veg's, grilled meats, eggs, plain oatmeal, and water. Combined with major portion control and added some exercise. Incline walking on treadmill. I try to keep calorie intake to a max of 1200 for now. It was hard at first, but kept the mentality to eat to survive not eat for the taste which is my vice. The excitement of watching the weight come off over 8 weeks and hitting -40 started to change my thinking to dietary instead of change. My original goal was 220, but now I would like to see 200-210. I started becoming obsessed with the weight and I have learned in the past that is a guaranteed way to put it all back on. My thinking becomes "I have made it so I can stop." To keep it off, I can ease up but can never stop. So last week, I told myself no more weight checking. Give September all I have with intake control and exercise and come October 1, I will weigh myself and compare that to how I feel and look and decide whether to keep going or start maintaining.