View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 04:38 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
Would you please enlighten me as to how me wanting cops to have the same rules as civilians is hypocritical? I have an AR and so do they. When they get issued rocket launchers do I also get one? Can I just go to Academy at that point and buy me one? Nope. Your argument is weak at best.
They have hanguns, shot guns, and rifles and so do I. When they have rocket launchers go to your local sporting goods store and buy one.
Wanting cops to have the same rules as civilians is not hypocritical at all. I'm saying using the same argument used against yourself as a gun owner, "They don't need this weapon. They aren't responsible enough," is pretty hypocritical. How do you know this 21 year old you speak of isn't a member of the military, highly responsible, and highly trained? But because some 21 year olds are hot heads, we need to ban them all from becoming a cop? We might as well take their guns and vehicles from them. Hell, don't even let them drink. That makes no sense to me.

I may be mistaken, but you could actually own a rocket launcher. Granted, it'll be a ton of paperwork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
Im from central Louisiana not north Louisiana.
At least get that right
Anything north of I-10 is North Louisiana.