Thread: SCB Boats
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 09:26 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 974

I owned a 2005 SCB see: http://www.mathernebrothers.com/MB_2/Boats.html#4
Eric Simmons is the guru of high performance fishing cats IMO. He is a very solid honest guy who makes a really bad a$$ boat. My 22 ft SCB ran 84.4 with a 250 XS Lab Bravo 1 28". Anyhow, you do need to run them at 50+ or so, to smooth out the ride, if you cannot do that because of snotty conditions then you 'manage' the seas like in any other boat. They are lower sided rigs than your typical bay boat, but the SCB fit lots of guys fishing style. Very fuel efficient rigs and given 65 mph CRUISING speeds sort of a 'time machine'. SCB is full custom - if you can dream it up and pay for it Eric will build it for you if feasible. I am in Grand Isle right now and the SCB would be great for the back bays, but IMO iffy chasing Mangroves at the Fourchon rigs. That said, they have been known to run from Mobile to Venice back in the Oberto days. Eric does have a 24 ft V bottom test mule that he is toying with. Not sure if/when he will pull the trigger on it as he is very busy building the cat boats.