View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 12:11 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,763
Default South Marsh Island 8-3-14

Made a trip this afternoon with my wife. We didn't leave the house until 1530 only planned on being out a few hours till dark. Put in at Burns Point around 1630. Weather was pretty ugly heading down there. Almost turned around, glad we didn't. The bay was flat and the ride across to the island was gorgeous! We had a beautiful rainbow and the sun beaming down was like rays of gold. Fishing and hunting is often just an excuse for me to be out there enjoying these wonderful moments. And the best thing is I get to share them with my wife. We made it to the island and hit a few spots on the east side if the island picking up a few reds here and there. Lots of bait everywhere. We caught the tide at full low so there was little water movement. Mostly we where sight casting to tailing fish. Went all the way up to Tom lLake and ended our trip. Lots of boats n the mouth of the worm. I guess they where fishing on the bottom? They where all anchored in the middle. We fished to the back and say lots of big Alligators, coons, Nutria, saw a HUGE flounder jump and saw tens of thousands of different birds. Has me excited about Teal season. Ended the day with 8 Reds. Brought home 2 to cook for lunch tomorrow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (36.3 KB, 389 views)