View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 12:10 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
I have boatloads of personal experience with marijuana users. A number of family members have been pot smokers. These were the ones most likely to be moving back in with momma, getting fired for not showing up to work, being late, or poor work, or generally leeches on the system and family.

As a teacher, I also have considerable experience with marijuana smoking students. One's ability in math and science falls drastically when teens begin smoking weed. One's motivation toward education also dramatically tanks.

The science is sound on these same points. Marijuana use lowers IQ and significantly reduces educational outcomes, especially when use begins during the teen years. Use among teens in Colorado and Washington has significantly increased since legalization.
I know a few people that smoked some weed in high school a whole lot in college and consistently held a 3.5-3.7 gpa. These people are now very successful, so you argument is just a generalization. It seems to me your science is about as sound as the the gulf councils red snapper numbers.