View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 04:50 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,917

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankscke123 View Post
well i always trained my dogs and decided to get one trained i put his obedience on him and basics and let a trainer finsh i will always send one to be fined tuned.i like mine because he hunts on his own or if he needs a had from me will listen.but every one is differant.but i do believe if you buy a olded dog trained you dont have the same bond as raising them from a pup.kind of like having a kid and send off to private school all his life apossed to one u raised,
Im not against a trained dog by any means but don't see anything wrong with a dog that gets the job done without ruining everyones hunt...Now I hear of this on many occasions, got a pup owned for a couple weeks, send it out for months and get it back. It doesn't even seem like it would be "your" dog more like another tool in the field...sure the dog may be lovable and good with the family but there is a bond that I think should come with the owner training his own dog...not that I wouldn't own a ribbon dog if I had the chance...but it wouldn't be my $ going into that dog