View Single Post
Old 01-21-2016, 10:49 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,461

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lreynolds View Post
I understand. I struggled with that in making the 2016-17 proposals. In August, the Commission moved the opener to the first Saturday in November AND put 4 weeks in the first split. Since nothing has changed since August with regard to duck regulations, I considered proposing the same structure but with a second Saturday opener. However, with a 12-day split, that would put us opening the second season on Christmas Eve and having the season closed when all the kids get out of school for Christmas break. That left me the choice of accepting that or using a 3-week first season, or a 5-day split and closing the second season on January 15 instead of the 22nd. So we decided to go with the traditional 3-week first season, a 12-day split, and running to Jan. 22.
For what it's worth, if I can't have 3 splits then I want exactly what your proposing. Honestly, part of the reason I want 3 splits is to catch up on honey do's and family time.

Open second weekend of Nov, 12 day split then longer second split.

I know the birds get spooky late second split but it's become another variable or challenge of duck hunting I have come to enjoy.

Thanks again for all your feedback.