View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 04:10 PM
Redfish

Cash: 758

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
About 2 months ago a family friend fell into a really great deal for some lots on Toledo Bend. He picked up 4 lots totaling close to 3/4 of an acre and being the great person that he is, gave a lot to me and my brother!! All 4 lots are covered in trees, and we ain't no damn loggers! Our friend got the number to a logger in the DeRidder area who might have been interested in clearing the lots in exchange for the lumber. He took a look at them 2 weeks ago and said that the job may be a little too much for him. There are some pretty large trees in there and there is a powerline running on our side of the street, otherwise, I would go up there with some equipment and do it myself.

He finally called back yesterday and declined the offer. Does anybody know of an outfit that may clear it out in exchange for the lumber? The property owner across the street has started clearing his property. He has substantially more property and said whoever wanted his wood could have it as well. He more or less just wants to get it off of his property.
It's not really worth a logging company's time to move equipment and cut that small of a tract. I think you are going in the right direction looking for someone with a portable sawmill to come cut and saw it. Good luck and congrats on the land!