Thread: Restore America
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 11:36 AM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slidellkid View Post
What is disturbing to me is what is going on in Afghanistan. I represent the Soldiers at Fort Polk who come back wounded or injured and these guys are in fire fights every single day. Don't get me wrong, most of them love it, but we are not making any headway in Afghanistan at all. Those folks have been living a tribal lifestyle for centuries and we are not going to change that, yet, we just sent over a brigade from Fort Polk, and undoubtably, some of those Soldiers are going to die - for what? The Afghan forces are rediculously inept and corrupt and simply are not willing to tackle the Taliban - very rarely will they hold their own in battle.

These kids come back with mental and physical scars that are life altering. They are truly amazing and dedicated to one another. I had a guy the other day that was blown up by a grenade from ten feet away. He sustained shrapnel wounds to eight places in his body. They could not dig out the small pieces of shrapnel as doing so would create more harm than good. Ten days later he is out patrolling again with wounds that are trying to heal. He is on a night patrol and falls into a sewage ditch and his whole body gets submerged. He remains out on the patrol for next two days covered in crap. His wounds become infected to the point that he has to be evacuated. These are the types of heros that we are sending into harms way - for what? I know the U.S. had good intentions, but we were clueless when it came to the cultural and sociological forces at play. It's time to let Afghan boys fight Afghan wars.

I could not agree more! They all need to come home.