View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 09:36 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
So you don't believe in private property rights? On my land I own everything. Everything. If one does not wish to fall under that guide line they should stay away. Be it person or wildlife. If LDWF wants to control the animals that are on the property I own and hunt perhaps I should issue an eviction notice. Give LWFD 30 days to remove all taxed animals from my property. After the 30 days I shoot all of them(animals). I understand that your income obviously comes from tax dollars taken from peoples pay checks so you feel complelled to defend your job. It is a huge theft. Gotta buy your basic license then your deer license then bow license then primative license then turkey license. It is a huge theft. I'm shocked the thieves don't charge a license for each kind of stand a deer hunter uses.
I don't work for wildlife and fisheries, so I'm not sure whar you're getting at. I just have a fundamental grasp on how wildlife management in this country operates, and a grasp on the fact that we would not have wildlife today if it weren't for taxes (pushed for by hunters and fishermen) that fund our wildlife agencies and the enforcement that keeps our wildlife around. Otherwise, we would be in the same state we were at the turn of the 20th century--diminished deer, turkey, and waterfowl numbers due to unregulated exploitation of game populations.

But the fact is, private property rights differ from wildlife ownership. You can post a "No Trespassing" sign on your property, and that is completely legal. You cannot, however, in the state of Louisiana resurrect a high fence and claim all of the wildlife inside as your own. Wildlife is a public trust. No one individual can own it. That is how this country was established and differs so beautifully from European countries where only the rich have access to wildlife.

If you don't like that, don't buy a license. It's that simple.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk