View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 12:06 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,813

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
Parents can't teach their kids to value life?

Look, I'm Catholic. Go to church every Sunday, and say morning prayers just about every day. I was a lector and eucharistic minister for 6 years at my church while in College. I'm in the Knights of Columbus now. Religion is important to me and my family.

But valuing life is not a uniquely religious concept.

I went to public school, catholic school, and was home schooled at different times in my life. With the exception of homeschooling, I was picked at and bullied anywhere I went. I had no religious formation whatsoever from 7th grade to 11th grade.

Did I shoot any of my bullies? No. Why? Because my parents raised me better. Hell, I even had anger issues. Still never shot anyone.

It starts at home. And by being vigilant and knowing what is going on with your kids. Same for educators. People need to be aware of what is going on. Recognize bullying. Recognize problems.

Does religion help? Sure. But it's not a necessity to valuing human life.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
I didnt say that parents can’t teach their kids the value of human life. I definitely agree that it starts at home. Parents need to step up and be more involved in their kids life as a positive role model. I didnt mean that its all up to the schools.