View Single Post
Old 06-30-2015, 06:23 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
Not really. In states where gay marriage has been legal for some time, identifying as a Christian business has not prevented legal fines and threats of jail for those exerciseing conscience in refusing to participate in homosexual weddings.

Christian ministers have been threatened with jail time for refusing to officiate homosexual weddings. See:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/...-weddings.html

Are you "up in arms" about this?
No. Its a for-profit business. I never said identifying yourself as a CHRISTIAN business WOULD protect you. I said identifying yourself as a CHRISTIAN BUSINESS MIGHT keep people away. Doesn't mean it would. Unfortunately, there are people in this world that like to stir the pot. What ever couple went after the Chapel should be ashamed. I don't agree with the lawsuit against them, but they run a BUSINESS, not a church. Like I said, you should be able to do what you want with your business, but that is part of the reason we had the civil rights movement.....because businesses were discriminating against blacks. If you open your doors to the public, AS A BUSINESS, you have to be ready for someone to come after you.

Long story short, no, I'm not up in arms over this. They aren't forcing it on a Religious Institution. They are forcing it on a FOR-PROFIT BUSINESS. I don't think they should have to do it if they don't want to, but unfortunately, that is discrimination, and you can't do that as a business owner.