View Single Post
Old 06-30-2015, 06:30 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
No. Its a for-profit business. I never said identifying yourself as a CHRISTIAN business WOULD protect you. I said identifying yourself as a CHRISTIAN BUSINESS MIGHT keep people away. Doesn't mean it would. Unfortunately, there are people in this world that like to stir the pot. What ever couple went after the Chapel should be ashamed. I don't agree with the lawsuit against them, but they run a BUSINESS, not a church. Like I said, you should be able to do what you want with your business, but that is part of the reason we had the civil rights movement.....because businesses were discriminating against blacks. If you open your doors to the public, AS A BUSINESS, you have to be ready for someone to come after you.

Long story short, no, I'm not up in arms over this. They aren't forcing it on a Religious Institution. They are forcing it on a FOR-PROFIT BUSINESS. I don't think they should have to do it if they don't want to, but unfortunately, that is discrimination, and you can't do that as a business owner.
That's why as a business owner you are simply too busy and behind schedule to be able to accomodate their request. I'm simply too far behind schedule to be able to provide the service you need at the expected time. You are more than welcome to schedule an apointment but we are so busy that our next available spot is 6 months from now. I do apologize for the inconvienence.