View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 08:52 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 4,521

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshRat89 View Post
So I have a question. Why was it the last two weeks of the season everyone was smashing ducks? Was there just so many ducks down then that there was not enough room on the refuges, bays, lakes, and gulf? I too have seen how ducks raft to get away from the pressure so I agree with you there. But I don't think all the birds we are seeing now have been here all along just hiding out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, not everyone was smashing ducks the last 2 weeks. Some guys said they had the worst hunting of the year the last week of the season, some had the best hunting of the year. And I'm not saying a lot of ducks didn't come down late with the very cold weather we have had but I am saying that during a normal season the ducks will find ways to survive and then "show up" after the season due to the lack of pressure. This is the coldest weather we have had in 10+ years so its not a typical year. I don't think the Feds will ever let our season go into Feb and I would like to see it run later in the coastal zone. I would like to see it open the weekend before thanksgiving and run till the end of Jan. Also, I think having 3 zones in a state this size is rediculous. Just my opinion.