View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 11:02 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjhooper82 View Post
Yes, i know its legal to high fence your property in LA. How could you possibly remove or know that you have removed all the deer from the property before the fence goes up? Didn?t they high fence something crazy like a few thousand acres or more? And do they also have to follow the same season dates, and laws that the entire state does?
Well, that's the tricky part (whether the wild deer have all been removed), and I don't know all of the ins and outs, but all deer brought into have to have a permit/tag of some type. So either the wild deer are not going to have a tag, or they are going to be falsely tagged. I believe those outfits are inspected annually, and the permits have to be reapplied for annually.

Seasons are different for farm-raised deer. Runs October 1 to January 31. They can also harvest at any will at any time as long as 48 hours notice is provided and with written approval from the department (LDAF), who then notifies LDWF. They also have to have a harvest permit and a tag for each carcass.

Canned hunts are also prohibited, with a canned hunt being one where you will kill a deer with certainty. Now, how they define "certainty" I'm not sure. Seems like a slippery slope. How would you go about proving that it was a canned hunt if that is based on a harvest being a "certainty"?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk