View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 06:59 AM
Redfish

Cash: 676
Default power tech prop quality

I work on a boat and run all around in the Vermilion Bay area of the coast, I run a Yamaha 250 4-stroke, and I run it hard, a lot of times in under a foot of water. I have been running Power Tech Props for the last several years because they have been very durable and hold up to a lot of abuse. They have never gotten any gouges or bent a blade and seem to wear out evenly. A PT Prop will typically last me 1 year before I've ground an inch off of the diameter and cant keep from bouncing off the rev limiter or blowing out.

I bought a new PT in June and I've already folded a blade once and yesterday I knocked a 50 cent piece size gouge in another blade. In the past I have wore down PT Props and I have broken blades off of PT props but I've never folded a blade, which i beat back in shape with a hammer, and I've never gouged one.

Is the quality of PT going down or do I just have a lemon? I'm not sure if anyone on here abuses their props in the way I do, but if anyone has any experience with poor quality lately in power tech or has any incite onto maybe a harder more durable brand of prop I would appreciate it.