View Single Post
Old 02-13-2016, 07:53 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
No, that is just what every single ULL graduate says because they don't want ULL to close or be impacted in any way. It doesn't matter how many people McNeese puts in the local facilities or the over $300 million economic impact that McNeese has in SWLA. Bet it has more of an impact than most of the other 4 year universities, save for ULL, LSU, and Tulane. No way SELA, NWST, ULM, or NSU have that impact.

And no way a 2 yesr technical school would have that impact. Do things need to be cut and streamlined? Yes. But there is no reason for McNeese to go to a 2 year status. You want to make cuts? How about to the ridiculous number of schools in North Louisiana with the population there is in that region. You have LSUA, Louisiana College, NWST, ULM, LA TECH, Grambling, and LSUS all in that region. Why the hell do you need so many colleges in a region with the population that it has?

More people live in the I-10 cooridor than any other part of the state. Could ULL handle the load that it would have to take on if McNeese did not offer 4 year programs? Doubt it. I read somewhere that the main region that McNeese supports has something in the realm of 300-400k people. That's plenty big enough to support a 4 year university. And McNeese has the alumni to support the university.

Cut programs if necessary, or combine programs. But there are enough reasons to maintain McNeese as a 4 year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Everybody wants cuts but doesn't want cuts in their region. Mcneese should go. ULM, LSUA, LSUS, NW, Southeastern or Nicholls and all the historically black colleges. It's racist if you think about it. Segregation is over

That $300 million economic impact is just s number that was derived from someone at mcneese and probably exaggerated