View Single Post
Old 08-30-2015, 01:03 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

I certainly understand the feelings of you guys in the west when it comes to Katrina vs Rita. I understand all too well...since I was part of Katrina's devastation, yet, my parish was never even mentioned.

Had it not been for the levee breaches in Orleans....Katrina would have been no more than a passing thought. On Tuesday morning, as residents of Washington Parish were trying to fathom what had happened a day earlier, the news stations were reporting that N'Awlins had "dodged a major bullet". It wasn't until the afternoon that they realized the water was rising at a rate of 2 feet per hour. Problem is...it was too late! FEMA dropped the ball on this one, and, it didn't help to find out that Katrina was bigger than the Federal government.

Personally, I wanted Katrina to fill that bowl with sand and wipe it off the face of the earth. While I'm not happy with the loss of life...they were told to get out. The New Orleans Parish Sheriff's Office asked that, if you refuse to leave, please write your SSAN on the inside of your front door. That, alone, should have been enough.

The government's response to Katrina was a comedy of errors. "Lootie" is a result of that.