View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 10:00 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrost View Post
this is a discussion about triple tail.......Ray you are right, both the LA biologist and CCA admits they know little about this species. Right now we are borrowing research from our neighboring states. All this survey is for is to address the memberships thoughts on the subject.

And I agree with you Meaux.....there should be a limit in place to keep them from being over-fished. IMHO.....every species needs some sort of protection on it from man. Now whether the powers that be decide a limit of 5 or 25 is right, at least give em some protection.

W....there are no plans to lower limits on trout again. Calm down and discuss trout & snapper limits in another thread.

I myself really don’t care if they put a limit on Tripletail or not....I don’t fish them enough to care. My only problem is how can we say they need a limit? How do we know were hurting them? They migrate like ducks..... Unless we can prove it or state facts I don’t think we need to jump the gun on this! Lets save our estuaries instead of putting money in a study on a fish only few go after!

If all of a sudden HARDTAILS became a main course would we place a limit on these also?....

It’s just a topic of discussion but to let the public vote wheatear we need a limit on triple tail is useless...... I say show me where we need one and prove we need one and then let’s put it in place...... I voted to put one but I still think we jump the gun too much on fishing issues to quickly….. Save the estuaries and fish will survive