Thread: New cooler?
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 10:23 AM
Redfish

Cash: 1,097

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broke Down View Post
I have been trying to decide for a while now on what I want to do for a cooler in my boat. I need a 60=70qt for a seat in front of my console and I have been looking real hard at the Engel coolers but I can't make myself spend the money. Are the coolers like that worth the money? I would be using it for more than the boat as well.
I don't see why you have to keep ice cold for 3-4 days to justify a nice cooler. I often fish on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday and don't clean my fish until Sunday or Monday. It's very nice to know my fish are fresh when I go to clean them. Also, ice is Not cheap as previously mentioned, at $2 for 10-16lbs, it adds up fast. I like buying it once and knowing my fish, food and drinks are good for days.

I use a 120qt K2 Cooler for my main seat and fish box and a 70qt for drinks and food. They work great, have an amazing warranty and you're supporting a local company. I much rather my money go to local people than a company out of state. You may find the cooler expensive but buying it helps feed the Familes of the 30-50 employees they most likely have. I've been using those coolers for 4 years and have had Zero issues.

You can get a Scratch and Dent 70qt for $250. Thats the one I have and have had zero issues.