View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 02:51 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMP CANARD View Post
I don't recall saying "why you need more than 5".
10-4 on the Ducks research and regulations. Would you have a problem with LDWF doing the same with 3 tailers, and manage accordingly ? Does LDWF research Trout, Redfish, etc. ?
My point has not changed. Nobody wants to be told how many you can keep. Lets just catch as many as we can NOW, and the heck with the future of the Fish. Who cares if my kids/grandkids ever know of existence ?
Yep, I'm tryin to fish 'em to extinction, I wish these Out-of-Towners would mind their own business and let us exterminate these things. C'mon man, you're gettin a little radical now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
Migratory bird populations are estimates as well, just as the tripletail studies and there have been extensive studies done as per this:

David Cresson, executive director of the Coastal Conservation Association-Louisiana, told the commission his organization supports the implementation of regulations on tripletail.
"There is limited information in general on tripletail, but it's extensive in other parts of the country," he said. "We've been visiting with scientists, and the information is undeniable: Eighteen inches is where they become sexually mature."

There is no such thing as a Louisiana tripletail, they are a migratory species, they do not know state lines. What is seen in Alabama and Mississippi tripletail populations would be the same here, unlike red snapper which do not migrate and is why I think our state's red snapper fishery should be managed by us
Sooooooo.......You're sayin they have no idea, they just S.W.A.G. it. Kind of what we're gettin at.......