View Single Post
Old 09-27-2016, 07:52 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,043

Quote:
Originally Posted by AubreyLaHaye458 View Post
Thanks guys. I guess I wasn't clear in my original post. I know that they hate spinners and I know that concealment is key. I have a call and know how to run it well enough and am always practicing and trying to get better.

My question was mostly in reference to speck decoy placement in relation to duck decoys and the blind and the levee and everything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only decoy tip I would give you is to not worry about finishing the specks right in the hole out front like most duck spreads are set. Set them where the specks will have to pass directly over the blind (in theory). I assumed that you always needed some decoys real close to the blind so they could pick out where the calling is coming from and see geese. But that was not the case for the most part. After hunting a spot a few times you'll be able to pick up on where the geese like and don't like to cross a levee or whatever while working. Use that and your wind together to get them over you and take what they give you. And I know some people like to mix pins in with their specks.